Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default How Immobile should a mobile base be?

BIG JOE wrote:

Morty, just a small point here, but why did you use red oak? I used
white oak for mine. It's a lot stronger and it's also a little
cheaper (at least in WI).

They don't offer to help carry the stuff at the hardwood place I went to. I am
VERY arthritic, having crushed one of my hips many years ago. I saw the red oak
first and that was as far as I cared to walk. No prices marked on anything that
I could see.

As for strength, how tough does it have to be? I was helping a neighbor beat
something into position with a scrap of it and a sledge. The sledge barely
marked it, even though I wasn't holding back. It's quite tough.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com