Posted to sci.electronics.repair
nesesu nesesu is offline

Default Ceramic disc caps

On Dec 17, 8:36*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
I've had a few failures of these recently. Used round a bridge rectifier -
for RFI purposes, I'd guess. They were the normal sort of wax covered
types. In all three cases, one had shorted.

Is there anything better to use for this?

--
*If you think this van is dirty, you should try having sex with the driver*

* * Dave Plowman * * * * * * * * London SW
* * * * * * * * * To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Replace with known good quality parts. Total length of leads including
capacitor disc diameter should be kept as small as possible--1cm is
very desireable. They work even better with about 22ohms 1/4 or 1/10W
in series if there is room.

Neil S.