Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Rigid tapping, pretty much, works.

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 22:40:19 GMT, Doug White
wrote:

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in
:

CLIP
I have not tried it with real material, yet, but will do so as soon
as practicable. I am not expecting too many surprises, especially
with a floating tap holder.
CLIP

What type of floating tap holder? Also, I presume it only offers
linear float and not radial.

I've yet to play with the linear float ER-style collets that go into
standard spindles... But they sell like hotcakes. (How do hotcakes
sell anyhow? That's like the old saying "dead nuts" which has no
real historical reference...)

What I've always wanted to know is just HOW happy ARE clams? And how
can you tell?

Every one of them is happy now. After all, CLAMS GOT LEGS!

Including the one who has got HANDS!

Doug White (getting a bit off topic here...)