Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sacrificial backing material

On Dec 17, 2:34*pm, Ignoramus30138 ignoramus30...@NOSPAM.
30138.invalid wrote:
I am drilling this aluminum sheet:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...uTAdxO3bjAhN7B...

This is a holder for a (almost complete by 1/64) set od DA collets
that I have in a bag.

Unfortunately, when drilling, it flexes more than I would like. It is
under control but I now realize that I should have used some
sacrificial backing material, or a step drill.

The question is, what material is friendly to the mill. I thought that
wood (plywood) was somehow bad.

thanks

Ig...since you do know how to reuse materials, try going to the local
thrift store and get the $1 picture frames with clear panes of
PLASTIC.

Works great for sacrificial backings.

If you buy the frames that use aluminum extrusions, you will have
building stock also.

TMT