Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default help with drip feeding R2E4

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:36:36 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
snip
But I can't use it until I figure out how to dripfeed my R2E4.

snip
May be a repeat of an earlier post but click on
http://mcduffee-associates.us/PE/SPLITTER.ZIP
to download my software solution. [need winzip or pkunzip to
unpack]

Web page description:
Supplied as freeware with no warranty for fitness of use,
not even as a bad example.

A software solution to the problem of a large file and small
controller memory w/o drip feed capability. Divides any
G-code CNC file into smaller user specified size files
(minimum 5k), and adds header.nc and footer .nc to preserve
modal settings, etc. Generated programs are seg00001.nc
through seg99999.nc in the same directory as split02.exe.
you can specify drive and directory of the long input file
and the program will accept long file names as well as the
DOS 8.3 format.

Splitter.zip contains the following files:

split04.bas - the PowerBasic CC source file
split04.exe - the executable program that will run in
Windows no DOS box needed
blade.nc - a long 341k profiling program for test
footer.nc - a sample footer file from test.nc
header.nc - a sample header file from test.nc

Note header.nc and footer.nc must be user generated from the
long program they wish to split. Let me know if you find
this to be useful and any suggestions for improvements or
extensions.

Update 13 Apr 07 from split02 to split03 is that the return
of the tool to the last position is under rapid [G0] except
for last 0.10 unit of Z travel. G1 modal is restored.

Update 14 Apr 07 from split03 to split 04 is that entire
code line is parsed and LAST XYZ values are used, when
multiple moves per line. Rapid approach now to within 0.5
units in Z on following segment, then G1 model.

Take a look at
http://mcduffee-associates.us/cnc_re...nc_related.htm
you may see something else that would be helpful.

Let the group [and me] know if this was helpful.

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).