Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default boilers and insurance can we believe it?t

In message , John
writes
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ill.co.uk...
On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:08:28 +0000, Andy Champ wrote:

Also, check the terms. I heard someone's small print on the radio the
other day saying they'll come out and inside 24 hours except at times of
unusual demand.

Any sensible company offering such services has such a force majeure
(aka "get out") clause in the T&Cs. Why should they be liable for not
being able to fix your boiler within 48hrs when there is 3' of level
snow on the ground?

BT instigated their force majeure clause for fault repairs over quite
a bit of Scotland and the NE the other week.

I _like_ having a backup immersion heater, gas fire, electric heaters...

Any sensible household has at least one reasonable backup for each
major element of a house; light, heat, cooking and entertainment.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Just a thought - based on the cost of a boiler PCB - how much would a
computer cost - or a TV?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it ...

It's not a question that would give a sensible repluy

There are a huge number of boiler pcbs with very different levels of
complexity. Complexity has little to do with the price

compare the Worcester 24i junior which is a fairly complicated pcb at
£94.95

http://www.akgas.co.uk/Worcester-PCB...JUNIOR-8748300
4840.html?gclid=CIPI4MzC9KUCFYUe4QodYUQHoA

with the potterton profile at £120.46

http://www.akgas.co.uk/Potterton-PCB...aProfile-PCB-4
07677.html

The profile contains three transistors