Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default OT Interesting remark.

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

You must know that when BeeHO became President he was
briefed by all the alphabet agencies about what was really going on in
the world and he probably soiled his pants and wondered what in the hell
he had gotten himself into.

Oh dear, the man has only been in office two years and already you have a
case of Obama Derangement Syndrome that qualifies for clinical study.

I would love to see a bunch of Leftists go to the Middle East and offer
hugs to the Islamic Fundamentalist loonies and
experience getting their heads cut off and their genitals stuffed into
their surprised open mouths. Reality really sucks doesn't it? :-)

You wouldn't know reality if it sank its teeth into your leg. Here's a wild
concept you could maybe get a friend or family member to explain to you: it
is entirely possible to have a negative view of the Bush Presidency without
being a "Leftist". As the late, great Wm. F. Buckley, Jr. pointed out,
whatever he is, G.W. Bush isn't a conservative. I assume Buckley was
thinking that conservatives believe in fiscal responsibility by government
(Bush doubled the federal debt), believe in the Constitutional protection of
individual rights (Bush decided he didn't need warrants to tap our phones
and open our mail), and believe in the avoidance of pointless foreign
military adventures (even Cheney finally got around to admitting there never
were any WMDs, I'm not sure if Bush knows yet).

But if it quickens your creaky old pulse to dismiss anyone who would dare to
criticize a Republican President as a "Leftist," okay, you go with that.
But keep in mind that Bill Clinton (a man I roundly criticized in and out of
office) isn't President anymore either, and I bet that doesn't stop you from
spitting when you hear his name (figuratively speaking). So try to grasp
the concept that someone pointing out the errors of past Presidents maybe
doesn't tell you everything you need to know about that person's politics.
I think Jimmy Carter was a lousy President in many respects, does that make
me a right-winger?