Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default OT Interesting remark.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:25:17 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

dgk wrote:
On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:11:45 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

dgk wrote:

Tis a Republic, tetering toward complete ownership by the
military/industrial/media cabal.

???

You say that like you think it's a bad idea.

I admit that getting the media involved is less than optimal, but
that can be overcome.

Eisenhower thought it was a bad idea. So do I.

Eisenhower warned against undue influence; he didn't complain of ownership
by the military-industrial complex or cabal.

Eisenhower's exact words were (inter alia) : "Only an alert and
knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial
and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so
that security and liberty may prosper together."

He seemed to be indicating that the military-industrial complex had its
place and should co-exist with the hippie segment of society (this was
before hippies).

However it has taken over virtually complete power in the US.
Corporations dominate our government through massive donations and
advertising.