Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30138 Ignoramus30138 is offline

Default Rigid tapping, pretty much, works.

On 2010-12-17, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
CLIP
I have not tried it with real material, yet, but will do so as soon as
practicable. I am not expecting too many surprises, especially with a
floating tap holder.

CLIP

What type of floating tap holder? Also, I presume it only offers linear
float and not radial.

http://www.maritool.com/Tool-Holders...duct_info.html

Linear tap holder, no radial float.

I've yet to play with the linear float ER-style collets that go into
standard spindles... But they sell like hotcakes. (How do hotcakes sell
anyhow? That's like the old saying "dead nuts" which has no real historical
reference...)

I am not, yet, sure if I need a floating tap holder as such, but I
think that it will keep me a little safer.