Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W Tim W is offline

Default Inner door to shed

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Dec 17, 2:29 pm, Roger Mills wrote:

I don't think that you can easily fit aluminium or uPVC doors
into an existing wooden frame.

Yes you can, subject to two things:

* They have to fit. They're normally designed to replace the wooden
frame, so they're now going to need to be a couple of inches smaller
all round. Made to measure isn't a problem, but I always like to
recycle for sheds (i.e. skip-dive!)

That's interesting, ta. Given the existing frame is sound and is a full 3"
thick (eg 3x5 timber hand planed one side) could I attach a new alu door
frame to the inside face of it? I wouldn't want to reduce the opening. It is
33" in the rebates now so I would have trouble getting furniture in there if
it is cut down to 28"ish.

Tim W