BIG JOE

Default How Immobile should a mobile base be?

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

I visited the local hardwood supplier and bought some red oak. Milled it down
and put the thing together. It's easy to move when I want it to, but it's rock
solid when I don't. The Delta has two small fixed wheels and then one large
castoring wheel that raises the whole thing off the levelers.

I loaded my planer onto it.

I bought two of the bases for about $100 and enough oak for both of them for
about $35. None of the hardware stripped or broke when I put it together.

Morty, just a small point here, but why did you use red oak? I used
white oak for mine. It's a lot stronger and it's also a little
cheaper (at least in WI).

Joe