Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Tilt steering wheels and ice

On 12/17/2010 12:45 AM, mm wrote:
OT?

Didn't they start putting switches to turn off the air bags on the
right side of cars in case the passenger was short?

Sometimes, especially on very short trips, I don't tilt my tilt
steering wheel back down, and drive it like it was a bus (or a
truck?).

In the snow today, it occurred to me that now the steering wheel
points much higher, and it's like i'm short.

So if I skid into something and the bag goes off, is it going to break
my neck?

I'm serious.

It will pop your head off like it was a champagne cork. :-)

TDD