Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Finally figured out and did encoder shaft

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:08:31 -0600, Ignoramus6780

On 2010-12-17, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus6780 fired this volley in
:

I would like to count the index pulses separately
and compare index count with the angular position oft he spindle. They
should always stay within "1" of each other, if no counts are missed.

I have not yet figured out how to do it.

I needed this on my lathe spindle. Turns out there was no way to do it
in Galil/Camsoft (Let me know if EMC has a way)

Don Foreman came to the rescue. A small transistor amplified the index
pulse to high speed opto 22 input. Allowed dead nuts accurate
threading at 4000 RPM. He said duck soup easy, but total fricken
mystery to me. Us MEs never quite trust those sparkEs.

Karl