Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W Tim W is offline

Default Inner door to shed

I have a small old stone outbuilding in the garden which I am slowly making
warm and dry. It might be used as an office, or a workshop or a teenagers'
vice den. The door is a rotten old ill fitting ledge and brace affair which
I want to retain so the outside is unchanged. I want to hang a second,
inward opening door on the inside of the door frame which will be draught
proof, well insulated for sound and heat and let in the maximum of light so
I can open the outer door and get the light through the inner door.

So I need a simple, modern, single pane, double glazed odd size door to go
in an existing wood frame. I know about joinery and one option is to make a
plain wooden door, but I don't know about aluminium, upvc, or even plain
glass. What are the alternatives to wood?

Tim W