Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Propane fridge repair

On Dec 17, 6:39*am, Smitty Two wrote:
Sometime soon I'll be taking a 45 minute drive to look at a friend's DC
powered propane fridge. I've never even seen one of these. She says it
hasn't worked for months, but recently a solar power expert has been
working up there, repairing things. Now the fridge works, sort of. As
she describes it:

There is an ON/OFF slide switch which is now mysteriously backwards; the
ON indicator light comes on with the switch supposedly in the OFF
position. I'm thinking this is a SPST that just got pulled and
reinstalled backwards, but maybe not.

The burner will light, and cool the box to 34F, when she presses the
start button. However, once the fridge warms up, it won't re-ignite
automatically.

What tools should I take, and what should I be looking for?

MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LEAVE ANY GAS LEAKS.
Propane is more dangerous than natural gas as it is denser than air
and slow to disperse.