Posted to alt.home.repair
Molly Brown Molly Brown is offline

Default Dryer Vent

On Dec 16, 4:22*pm, mcp6453 wrote:
My electric dryer is installed up against the outside wall. I had to
fashion a vent since there is not room for a flexible hose.

This device looks like the perfect solution for my dryer situation, but
the online videos completely turn me off.

http://thequickconnector.com/

Has anyone here used one of these? Is there a better product? The appeal
of this unit is that the pipe protruding from the dryer slides into the
outlet vent.

You’re very lucky that some idiot framer didn’t put the dryer vent
hole a foot off the floor where the vent could never be aligned using
a rigid duct. In my experience I have only seen about two percent of
installations that were so perfect that you didn’t need to use a
flexible duct, or maybe we have more idiot framers here in California.
You don’t need that Quickconnector. Just get some silicone lubricant
and spray the inside of the duct before installing it so that lint
doesn’t stick.