Backlash

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

I learned that lesson from a former employee years ago. He told of working
for an old guy who sent him out for some item to purchase. When the guy
returned with his purchase and showed the old guy the price, the guy asked
him what the other two prices were.. Employee said "HUH?" That has always
stuck with me, and getting at least 3 prices for anything over around $50 is
now what I do.

RJ

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
I needed a brush hog. Local dealer wanted $800 for a 40" model, a

perfect
fit for my small Kubota. A 100 mile drive yielded a brush hog for

$500,
and no sales tax. Difference? 2" narrower, otherwise the same hog.

We can all find exceptions. It pays to be a smart consumer and do some
homework. I can also give exceptions the other way around. I needed a
refrigerator part for the ice maker. Big store wanted $60 for the part,
Internet was $55, local guy was $40 not for the part but for a hole new
unit.
Ed

Yep! The key to this whole scenario is to shop. Often I've been
pleasantly surprised to find the best deal at the least likely place. and
that includes the guy you'd swear would not compete.

When you live on SS, you don't toss your money around like it's from a
bottomless well. Our lifestyle is a humble one, but we live as
comfortably as we choose, and do it on minimum money by not being wasteful
or stupid in how we use what we have. In order to do that, we have

learned
to shop before we buy. It always pays benefits.

Harold