Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus6780 Ignoramus6780 is offline

Default Finally figured out and did encoder shaft

Pictures and explanation are right the

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...ct-2-CNC-Mill/

I already wired it to the PPMC control box and I am able to read the
readings (adjusted by diving by 4096 -- the pulse count) into EMC2.

What I would ilke to do is, somehow, make sure that encoder counts are
not missed due to some mistake of mine such as bad wiring,
misalignment, etc. I would like to count the index pulses separately
and compare index count with the angular position oft he spindle. They
should always stay within "1" of each other, if no counts are missed.

I have not yet figured out how to do it.