Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default HP Pavillion disk read failure

root wrote:

Justine Thyme wrote:

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 19:33:07 +0000 (UTC), root
wrote:

Jamie t wrote:

you got burned, what Can I say!

Not really, the computer cost $7. I got 6Gb of DDR2
memory, a sata DVD writer, case and 300w power supply.

How do you know that one or more of the things you mention are not the
cause of the problem?

Well, I have been using 4Gb of the memory in my wife's machine for
several days now, and the Sata dvd drive in my machine. The
power supply was swapped out without success so I can count
on that being good, even though it is only 300W, pretty
small for today.

I screwed around with the machine for a day and a half and
finally decided to harvest the parts. The case isn't
worth much since the control cables are special to the
motherboard.

When the machine was running the data transfer rate was
way slower than my Core 2 machine using the same type
of sata drive. Overall bad design I think.

Or just not working correctly..