Posted to rec.woodworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default Finishing question

In article ,
FrozenNorth wrote:

Just got a new stove, the back above the control panel isn't deep enough
for things we like to store there. List includes olive oil, veggie oil,
regular, balsamic and wine vinegar, salt and pepper.

I have the shelf made and coloured properly to match cabinets, now what
to use for a clear coat? Poly, varnish, shellac or ?

Stainless steel. Matching the cabinets won't be much of an issue when
it's on fire. Put the oils somewhere else, too. The vinegar and salt
might at least help to put the fire out...