AlanG

Default Shower Glass Story

On 28 Oct 2003 19:55:51 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Steve Gontarek writes:
I need a rant: official long rant warning........

[26 lines snipped]

Now I know Manufacturers have a right to protect their products. but considering the amount of
materials in the trim, which isn't really a lot, how the hell do they justify such a difference
between the 60ukp for the standard toughened Safety Glass that I am getting and their price of
200ukp for a panel which is mostly composed of that glass ? As far as I know the trim isn't made of
soldi gold or solid silver .............

As I said, I'm not asking for advice here, just getting something off my chest

Shower cubicles are daylight robbery. I got ripped off about a grand for the one
in our en-suite, which has about £200 worth of materials in it, at retail
prices, and seems designed specifically to grow mould in the nooks and crannies,
so I'm going to build one out of plain toughened glass in the main bathroom.

As soon as I can find someone to sell me stainless steel hinges, handles and
brackets to bolt the glass together, anyway.

Chromed brass any good?

--
Alan G
"The corporate life [of society] must be