Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Interesting slip rolls

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:40:09 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

wolfgang wrote:
This bending roll arrangement as shown above is called 3-roll pyramid,
and is typically used to roll heavy plate for large pipe, pressure
vessels, and steam drums.

This type of bending roll arrangement is not suitable for sheet metal
work.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You just saved me a pile of work. I
was all set to build one of these for sheet metal. Boy, I would have
been ****ed when I found that it didn't work!

RCM: there is still a signal in all the noise,
Bob

I have used pyramid rolls to bend 28 gauge sheet. It just depends whether they
were designed to cope with thin work or not.

Mark Rand
RTFM