Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default charge second battery

wrote:
On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 14:49:33 -0600, CaveLamb
wrote:

Karl,

Find a proper marine charger with independent outputs.

There are lots of them available.

The one in my boat is a Xantrex Truecharge 20/40 and has three
separate circuits and an optional remote status panel and battery
temperature sensor.

http://www.xantrex.com/power-product...harge-2-2.aspx
You are going to have an awfull time charging the batteries on your
boat at sea with that unit. That is a "shore power" charger.(unless
there is a major feature not described in the brochure, or I realy
missed something)

That's the one on my boat, Clare.
Not suggesting he should run out and buy one like it.

Just that marine chargers are better for the marine enviornment.
A heck of a lot better than camper stuff.

--

Richard Lamb
email me: