Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Self tapping screws

I've seen that kind of thing at Lowe's and Home
Depot. I call them hex head self drilling screws.
They have them in small packs, or boxes.

Harbor freight also has them as assortments,
http://www.harborfreight.com/200-pie...ent-67592.html
The HF ones tend to be very soft steel. Should
work on a heat register.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"notbob"
wrote in message ...

I guess I should have been a little more specific, in that I was
looking
for a self-tapping screw that would easily penetrate soft or
low-carbon
steel, like the one's I used on the Limey motorcycle frame. Is that a
special type, or do they all do that? I'm looking to use the screws
punch through and lock up the louvre adj linkage on a forced air heat
register, which is stamped steel. Thnx.

nb