Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default Ryobi battery pack disassembly?

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 22:22:45 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote
All of these issues could be forever ended just by a federal law, all
battery packs MUST have easily replaceabe cells....

Some laws make sense though. I have a few Roomba batteries that likely
only have one bad cell, but taking them apart is such a PITA that it's
just easier to get a new one. That is a huge waste of resources. It
also shouldn't cost as much to replace a batterry pack as to buy a
whole new drill set, as is the case with some of my old Dewalt stuff.

Just send it to Primecell.com and have it repaired. They do an excellent
job. There are many other rebuilders that can fix it equal or better than
news.

Thanks, this looks like a good place. I have many things that might
benefit from them.