Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Patching vs New "Sheet Rock"

"Oren" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:30:18 -0500, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
.. .

This week I had someone come and bid on installing sheet rock on my
house.
. . .
He said that in some rooms, where I asked him to patch some holes, that
it's cheaper and easier to gut and replace then to patch.

It sounds as if you disbelieve him. A second local estimate
may help you decide.

A valid point. A sheet rocker, drywaller, and a plaster are different
animals.

ISTR the op's house is in Coconut Grove, just off Biscayne Bay.

Many of these homes are still repaired, trying to keep in favor of
historical features.

Jose and Hose B can hang sheet rock!

"A valid point. A sheet rocker, drywaller, and a plaster are different
animals."

Well you're ALMOST right..A sheetrocker and drywaller are the same thing and
refers to installing both sheetrock and plaster board which is the same
proceedure...A Taper tapes the sheetrock with joint compound..A Plasterer
puts the plaster on... Some including me can do ALL the above...Been at it
25+years...