Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete Zahut[_4_] Pete Zahut[_4_] is offline

Default boilers and insurance can we believe it?t

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Pete Zahut wrote:
My mate's £12/month get him an annual service, all call-out charges,
all parts and all labour, within 24 hours of reporting the fault.
Last year he was very unlucky and had a spate of problems; first the
spark generator went then a couple of months later the gas valve was
replaced. About 3 or 4 months later the PCB had to be replaced. All
covered for just £12/month - well worth it IMHO.

Until they decide they will no longer support this model. As happened
to my brother with a BG service contract. On a boiler they'd
installed only 6 years earlier.

Needless to say he no longer has a BG service contract and had a
decent boiler installed - rather than the BG recommended c**p as
before.

True, but then again, there isn't just BG offering these service contracts.
We have one with a local company and they're excellent but if they decide to
pull that trick, there's other places to go to.