Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tabby Tabby is offline

Default boilers and insurance can we believe it?t

On Dec 16, 9:41*am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 00:59:55 -0800 (PST), harry wrote:
Exactly so. * I never buy insurance except for house and car.

Being self employed I also have Permenant Health Insurance, that pays
out should I be unable to work and is also an investment (I will get
back some of the premiums paid). It doesn't pay a lot but combined
with HMG's basic Sickness Benefit means that we can keep the heating
and lights on and still eat... Her indoors life is also insured so
that if I have to stop work to look after the kids we can still keep
the heating and lights on and still eat.

I certainly don't buy any "extended warranty" insurances though.

Yes, it can be worth it for events you couldnt survive financially,
but an appliance breakdown isnt one of those. And even if it were,
there would be more useful things to do with it, like put in in the
bank and build up a fund to cover a wider range of life's
unpredictables.

NT