Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default boilers and insurance can we believe it?t

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 00:59:55 -0800 (PST), harry wrote:

Exactly so. I never buy insurance except for house and car.

Being self employed I also have Permenant Health Insurance, that pays
out should I be unable to work and is also an investment (I will get
back some of the premiums paid). It doesn't pay a lot but combined
with HMG's basic Sickness Benefit means that we can keep the heating
and lights on and still eat... Her indoors life is also insured so
that if I have to stop work to look after the kids we can still keep
the heating and lights on and still eat.

I certainly don't buy any "extended warranty" insurances though.

--
Cheers
Dave.