Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Lanciani Dan Lanciani is offline

Default Patching vs New "Sheet Rock"

In article , (MiamiCuse) writes:

| Here is another picture, except this one shows the middle coat has the
| embedded wiremesh. It seems to be more than just at corners, but yes
| definitely at the joints and corners.

I have the wire mesh over wood on the ceilings; not so much on the walls. I
think one wall actually has wood lath. Some walls have a type of board with
a shiny metallic covering (vapor barrier?) as the base. This was all done
at original construction (~1959) so I think they were experimenting with
different materials. I have a collection of core samples from the various
holes I've made over the years.

| This stuff is impossible to cut with regular saw blade.

It also chews up hole saws. I get maybe one or two holes per saw with
typical bi-metal blades...

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com