Davis Eichelberger

Default "safe" bookcase dimesions?

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 04:01:22 GMT, Kevin Craig wrote:

In article , Phisherman
wrote:

I had to put a couple "shims" in front of my bookcase. The carpet
stripping around the perimeter of the room tends to make the bookcase
tip forward. Filing cabinets should be secured at the top too.

Shimming the front is one option. Cutting a 3/8 x 1-1/2" relief at the
back is another. I favor the relief for any shelves or cabinets that
will be placed against the wall in a carpeted room.

Kevin

Although if you ever move it to a room with hardwood instead of carpet,
it's a lot easier to undo shimming the front than it is to undo the =
relief
cut.

Davis Eichelberger