Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default front door landing

Jeff Thies wrote the following:
I have an outside door that opens onto a concrete slab. Dirt
basement underneath. The wood lap siding ran right down to the edge of
the slab. Or it did.

How should I fix that? I'm thinking transition to hardie plank and
perhaps some rubber strip caulked in.

I'll need a new threshold over to the slab also. It's about 6" from
the floor edge to the slab. The floor is floating not attached to the
wall.

I'm thinking, perhaps, some kind of wood plank (or double plywood),
painted with Dry Lock and setting on something so water doesn't pool
against the edge.

Jeff

Are you saying that the slab is sinking?
What does a 'dirt basement' mean?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY