Joe Shmoe

Default How Immobile should a mobile base be?

Rob wrote:

Which mobile base did you get?

When at rest, does it touch the floor with three points or four?

I have a Jet mobile base, made by HTC, that is a three point and it sucks.
My bandsaw wobbles on it. I have many Delta mobile bases, a couple are
universal, and they all sit on four points when you aren't rolling. They
are rock solid.

Rob

It's supposed to have 4 points. 2 wheels and 2 rubber "levelling pads".
In total there are 4 wheels but 2 of them have levers that (as I understand
it) are supposed to lift them off the ground. The 2 that are supposed to
lift are also the 2 that pivot.

I bought it from Lee Valley. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. The
instructions weren't the greatest and after having one bolt break maybe I
should toss it before I causes me any more grief.