Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default leaving conductors exposed

In message
,
lsmartino writes
On 15 dic, 13:18, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
lsmartino wrote:

Summarizing: we agree that current is what kills, but in order to make
your body draw that amount of current, you need a high enough voltage.
Voltages under 60V are unlikely to kill anyone, unless the person is
applying electricity directly through an open wound. Just do the math.

* *A humman body doesn't 'draw current'. *It 'passes current' if you are
in a circuit.

--
For the last time: *I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

Certainly. My mistake.

It's not a mistake at all. To 'draw current' is a common figure of
speech. A resistor, connected across a battery, by passing current, will
'draw current' from the battery.
--
Ian