Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mkoblic@gmail.com is offline

Default Unintended asymetric turning

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 07:09:20 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
snip--

I see your point, too. OTOH you gotta love the diversity of opinions
on this group :-)

The only problem I have with that concept is that you often get advice that
isn't very good, and if you are asking the question, you may well not be
able to discern good suggestions from those that are troublesome. I face
this problem all the time with well meaning but poorly informed people that
think of themselves as machinists (yet they have no experience in the trade.
Strange!)

In many cases, they've struggled through a tough project and succeeded to
some degree, but don't have a clue that there's much better ways to approach
the problem. There's nothing quite like years of experience, especially
if they're spent running a (commercial) shop, making all of the decisions.

The biggest problem you'll face on an open discussion forum such as this is
the guy that can't resist telling you how to do a job when he doesn't know,
himself. I think it's a guy thing! :-)

Some guys just love to see their name in print.

So, no different from other spheres of life then...:-)