Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default boilers and insurance can we believe it?t

In article ,
"Booty" writes:

On a similar sort of topic but with less expensive parts I recently repaired
a washing machine that had a blown PCB control module.
The new PCB cost just short of £80 but it was an expensive washer so worth
it.

Especially being that, it's likely, I will have a spare PCB once the Triac
is replaced - I got its ID off the new PCB before I fitted it.
Was unable to ID the Triac after a web search and before buying the new PCB
because the side was blown off.
A new triac of the right type is about £1.00.

I knew the PCB was blown as the side had blown off one of the Triacs and,
thus, I couldn't see the part No.
I took note of all the semiconductor numbers from the new PCB before fitting
it so if any blow in future I know their ID's.

I replaced the motor drive triacs in my Hotpoint. Only one had blown,
but they were 50p each so I couldn't even be bothered to work out which
one, and changed them both. (One does everything except top spin speed,
and the other just does top spin speed which has separate field winding
connection.)

Any 8A 800V Triac can be used - pick one with matching case style.

I knew the fault was a door interlock fault so, to be safe, I replaced the
door interlock as well ( only £9 ish ) - didn't want to blow the new PCB if

For that, you can probably use any 1A 400V triac.

--
Andrew Gabriel