Joe Shmoe

Default How Immobile should a mobile base be?

Hi all,

I bought a universal mobile base to put under my table saw and I have a
question. I put it together as per the instruction sheet and set it down
to test it, but -colour me stupid here- is the thing not supposed to be
immobile when in use? No matter where I position the levers the darn thing
keeps on moving. It gets a little more difficult to move in certain
positions but I really wouldn't want to rip a 2x4 with the base not
absolutely firm on the ground.

I also busted a bolt while hand-tightening it. Maybe I just got a piece of
crap?