Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT a bit - Propane prices

harry wrote:

If you have a propane tank and a large petrol vehicle(s), you could
consider getting the vehicle converted to run on propane. Very common
here in the UK. Engines run really sweet on propane. Start a lot
easier too.
Dunno if feasible in the US.

Feasible yes. Practical? Probably not for many people.
I live in a rural area. Some farmers I know did run their pickups
on propane. They also use propane for grain drying and to run
irrigation power units. A very few also had propane burning farm
tractors years ago. That didn't catch on due in part to the
inconvenience of propane compared to gasoline or diesel fuel.