Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default OT a bit - Propane prices

On 12/13/2010 1:40 PM, IGot2P wrote:
Here in extreme SE Iowa we heat both our newish two story home and our
1,200 sq. ft. shop with propane fired high efficiency furnaces. Normally
we contract the winter supply in the fall but this year they wanted
$1.699/gallon so we gambled that it would not go up and possibly go down
and did not contract.

Well, we just got our first winter fill (approx. 300 gallons) and the
price was $1.699 thus so far nothing has changed. OTOH, the real cold
weather is not here yet so there is definitely a chance it will go up in
the near future. :-(

For some reason unknown to me propane is usually less expensive in this
immediate area than it is in other parts of the country. Anyone else got
any current prices from around the US?

Happy Holidays,

Don

$2.19 here in the rural south of KC