Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Default OT Clock synchronization

"Metspitzer" wrote
Because it is not already being done, there must be more to it than
meets the eye. It seems like it would be trivial to just transmit the
time/date code over the power lines. Anything plugged in should
become automatically set. Can someone enlighten me on why this
doesn't already happen?

Ok.........I know the answer. Cost. It is always about money, isn't
it?

See, you know the answer. The old motor driven analog clocks were very
accurate with the 60 cycle electricity. Digital are timed differently and
drift. They use a crystal oscillator that is not a perfect cycle of 60.
I'm sure someone can explain it better.