Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Ryobi battery pack disassembly?

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
I have several 18v Ryobi tools and battery packs, including one of the
lower-capacity Li-Ion ones that shows as fully charged in the charger
but will not operate a tool and shows no voltage across the "supply
terminals" (there are separate charging contacts). It seems likely
that there is an internal broken connection between the battery and
the "supply terminals" that should be easy to fix if I can get the
case apart.
But that is the problem: I have removed 4 Security-Torx screws in the
bottom and one in the "plug" part that goes up into the handle of the
tool, but the case still will not come apart. I can pry the halves
apart a small amount at either end, but they seem to be held firmly
together in the middle. There do not seem to be any screws hidden by the
label
on the bottom

Has anyone managed to take one of these things apart? If so, how?

If you want to rebuild your own battery pack, here's a CD (capacitive
discharge) welder you can build yourself. It's used for welding the
individual cells together.

http://ledhacks.com/power/battery_tab_welder.htm