Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley[_2_] ransley[_2_] is offline

Default Running Gas FP at Partial Throttle

On Dec 14, 2:02*pm, WandererFan wrote:
I have a gas fireplace in the family room that is probably a bit
oversized for the room. *It can turn things tropical in relatively
short order. * While relighting the pilot the other day, I noticed
that the fire still burns (but less vigourously) if the gas control
knob is left in an intermediate position between "pilot" and "on".

Can't remember the right terminology at the moment, but the fp unit is
sealed with connections to outside for air and exhaust.

Is there any reason not to leave the flame turned down?

Thanks,
Chris

If it was my unit I would probably have a valve for adjusting the heat
to where I want it. I dont know about gas fireplaces but its possible
the gas valve wont work right on low pressure.