Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default Keyhole (mortice) draught (rubber) excluder/stopper (for mortice lock)??

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Ronald Raygun wrote:
One should only ever
lock the door on the mortice from the outside (when one is out and
no-one is in). Locking it from the inside is dangerous - you don't
want to have to be finding and fiddling with a key in a panic when
there's a fire and you need to get out in a hurry.

I'm amazed at the amount of people who lock the front door from inside
while they are at home. Very often when I ring the bell it takes them
several minutes to find the keys & open the door. Those minutes could
kill you in a fire as you say.

I often mention the fire risk, but it seems to go straight over their
heads.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Do you have a fire extinguisher at home?

Mr Pounder