Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT a bit - Propane prices

On Dec 13, 9:38*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
willshak wrote:
IGot2P wrote the following:
Here in extreme SE Iowa we heat both our newish two story home and our

-snip-
Well, we just got our first winter fill (approx. 300 gallons) and the
price was $1.699 thus so far nothing has changed. OTOH, the real cold
weather is not here yet so there is definitely a chance it will go up
in the near future. :-(

-snip-

Consider yourself lucky. My last propane bill (November) was $141.01 for
43.4 gallons. That's $3.249 a gallon.

Will is in Hamptonburg, NY. * I'm a couple hours north of him, near
Schenectady, NY.

My delivery last week was $4.19 - up $.66 from Nov- and up $1.15 from
last Dec.

Jim

If you have a propane tank and a large petrol vehicle(s), you could
consider getting the vehicle converted to run on propane. Very common
here in the UK. Engines run really sweet on propane. Start a lot
easier too.
Dunno if feasible in the US.