Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT a bit - Propane prices

On Dec 13, 9:23*pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:40:05 -0600, IGot2P wrote:
For some reason unknown to me propane is usually less expensive in this
immediate area than it is in other parts of the country. Anyone else got
any current prices from around the US?

I think ours was $1.85/gal around this time *last* year up here in
northern MN. We'll be ordering more in about 2 weeks' time so I'm not
sure what it's at right now.

It's frustrating how much the prices do fluctuate though, even in the
same region - I hate playing the "gamble on when best to buy" game. About
half of our house heating is electric baseboard, and prices for that are
a lot more stable (and generally competitive with propane costs for the
season)

cheers

Jules

In general all fuel prices will go up.
With any delivered fuel (ie tanker) the price will go up in periods of
peak demand.
This is because the supplier wants to encourage you to buy in the non-
busy season (so that his tankers are not stood about idle).
And they know in cold weather, they have you by the ********.
So, to hit a cost valley, buy in the warm season. And get several
quotes. And arrange things so as to give the biggest possible drop
off. (ie run the tank down as low as you dare).