Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default OT Interesting remark.

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:14:40 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 12/13/2010 1:53 PM, dgk wrote:
On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 10:23:58 -0800, "DGDevin"
wrote:

"Robert Green" wrote in message

I feel the invasion was justified (which is not the same thing as wise)
in
that Bin Laden was operating from there,

Would that justify invading the area of the US that Timothy McVeigh
operated
from? Of course not, and when framed that way, the invasion of
Afghanistan
makes equally little sense.

Ummmm, that's not an effective analogy, as there was no need to invade
territory to find and apprehend McVeigh.

However I see little chance of a
stable democracy being established in Afghanistan in the foreseeable
future,

So then what's the fV(I*ing point? Wars should have clearly defined
goals
and exit strategies. They've taught that at all the military schools
since
'Nam but it seems like the entire DoD developed amnesia after 9/11.

The Neocons have a huge blind spot, they think they can engineer history
with the application of military force, they don't consider that sometimes
that simply doesn't work. It is beyond their comprehension that centuries
of ethnic and religious tensions will not be overcome by their
democracy-in-a-box nation building. As you say, they don't seem to be aware
of history.

Neocons don't really care about democracy, they care about free
enterprise. If governments are elected that interfere with their
profits, then that democratic goverrnment gets overthrown.

What form of government is The United States? I know Al Gore could
never bring himself to say it. :-)

TDD

Is Al Gore your answer to everything? I pointed out that we don't give
a **** about Democracy and all you can write about is Al Gore? In
fact, we don't give a **** about Apple Pie, Mom, Our Superior
Morality, or any other stated reason for going to war. All the US
cares about is that the wealthy make a big profit because of a war.

I'll make it simpler for you Dufas. Marine Corps Major General Smedley
Butler, a true American Hero.. Look him up:

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class thug for
Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a
racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and
especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped
make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to
collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central
American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify
Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in
1902–1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American
sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American
fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that
Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might
have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate
his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."