Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Amount of lighting

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:59:37 -0500, Bill wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

You won't need furring strips, Bill. Fixtures will screw directly
through the drywall ceiling into the joists. That's one of the reasons
I suggested that you run them that direction.

I'm not planning to sand them to 4000 grit, but I thought of putting a
simple bevel on them with my router to add a little class. Then, just
paint on one coat of "First coat", huh?

Oh, sure.

Course, I'm not sure exactly what'll happen when the furring strips push
up the aged, stippled-but shaved, drywall.

What is the purpose of the furring strips, Bill? Electronic ballasts
don't get hot, the ceiling is flat, and the fixtures are flat. Butt
'em and forget 'em.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.