Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Amount of lighting

Larry Jaques wrote:

You won't need furring strips, Bill. Fixtures will screw directly
through the drywall ceiling into the joists. That's one of the reasons
I suggested that you run them that direction.

I'm not planning to sand them to 4000 grit, but I thought of putting a
simple bevel on them with my router to add a little class. Then, just
paint on one coat of "First coat", huh?

Course, I'm not sure exactly what'll happen when the furring strips push
up the aged, stippled-but shaved, drywall.

Bill

Still having fun. I plan to attach string between nails, scrape
stipple, nail up the boards, and then wonder whether I should have
dimensioned the 1by4's! The ceiling is, however, rather more suspect in
that category...

Yeah, and don't forget to sand them to 4000 grit.sigh

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.