Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Unintended asymetric turning

On Dec 13, 8:40*pm, wrote:
My Taig 3-jaw has two-component jaws. I have turned the aluminum ones
to suit a similar job on a much smaller scale. I do not think I have
seen 4" 3-jaw scroll chucks with two-component jaws at the usual
vendors. I have not looked elsewhere.

Michael Koblic,

I didn't see any smaller than 5" with separate top jaws.

FYI in case you trip over one used as a doorstop, 2 jaw chucks adapt
well to custom top jaws. At their simplest a left+right hand screw
operates the two jaws, but having made a 4 jaw out of a slotted rotary
table faceplate I think making a chuck is too much trouble.

jsw