Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Interesting remark.

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:40:55 -0800, "DGDevin" wrote:

wrote in message news

But the replacement isn't working, and is unlikely to work in the
foreseeable future. A government that can't survive without massive
military intervention for decades doesn't seem like much of a solution.
Having U.S. bases in Europe during the Cold War was expensive, but
thousands
of American troops didn't die in the process.

Irrelevant. There is little choice.

Let me get this straight: it isn't working, it isn't likely to work, but we
have to keep on pouring in money and young Americans to be maimed and killed
because, "there is little choice". Sure there is a choice, get the hell
out. And when the Taliban take over again and consider welcoming Al-Qaeda
back with open arms, you drop the occasional cruise missile into their hip
pocket to remind them that it would be a good idea to keep their lunatic
practices strictly domestic. Because we didn't care what they were doing
until Bin Laden set up shop there, so provided they aren't hosting any more
international terrorists in future, it would seem a reasonable outcome for
things to go back the way they were.

Well, we could "absorb" another 9/11 every few months, like Obummer suggests.
....or we can try to kill the *******s and keep them there.

Remember what the last Dummy-In-Chief did when China knocked down that
U.S.
spy plane and held the aircraft until they'd finished combing it for
secrets? Refresh my memory, what firm action did Two-Gun Tex take?

A "spy plane" isn't the same as a country. You really do like your moral
equivalences.

Oh, I see, has to be a country huh?

Yeah, you know; women and children. They tend to be "worth" more than those
who make it their business to do dangerous jobs.

Okay, North Korea withdrew from the
Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty in 2003 and tested its first nuke in Oct.,
2006. Do you happen to recall who was President on both those occasions?

Does it really matter?

Pray tell, what hard-nosed, no-nonsense steps did Two-Gun Tex take to make
North Korea bitterly regret they had decided to go nuclear?

None. That was part of his problem. The solution was simple (still is), but
no one wants to go there.

It has everything to do with Iraq and Afghanistan, and it's another part
of
the wonderful Bush legacy.

Utter nonsense.

Brilliant comeback, you really have a way with unsubstantiated slogans, must
save a lot of time thinking your way through issues.

The obvious doesn't need a lot of words.